Best Home Garden Irrigation Systems
Today I want to talk about home garden irrigation systems. I have reviewed some of the best ones available and brought my findings to you.
During the long hot summers it can be time-consuming and burdensome to be forever watering our plants to keep them in tip-top condition. Especially our beautiful container and pot displays and hanging baskets. These tend to dry out very quickly and usually have to be watered twice a day.
The easiest thing to do is install a drip irrigation system. These are straightforward watering systems that can be used in your garden, for pots and container plants and are ideal for use in the greenhouse too.
With our climate becoming hotter and drier during the summer months we have to change our gardening ways and become more water wise.
Wasting water on gardens is no longer an acceptable practice but we can install water butts on all gutter down pipes, where there is space to do so. Install them on your house and outbuildings, sheds, garages and greenhouses. We are set to get more rain too during the winter and into early summer-June was extremely wet here in the UK- so we can easily fill these water butts to have water available for the garden in the summer.
Drip irrigation systems use less water and can also be used with timers so that your plants are watered regularly. Put your mind at rest and ensure your plants have a regular water supply at all times even if you are going to be away on holiday or for business in the hot, dry months of summer.
And with our busy lives, work, family commitments you can rest assured that your garden is cared for when you haven’t the time to get out there with watering cans.
I have to say that I have found the Hoselock systems to be the best home garden irrigation system to use, simple to set up and they work correctly. The watering can be fine-tuned to make sure all your plants get the right amount. And what’s more , at the moment they are approximately half price, so you can make some great savings on money too.
Put your feet up let these drip irrigation systems do the work for you.
I earn commission when you shop through the links in this article.
Best Home Garden Irrigation Systems
Hozelock Easy Drip Universal Watering Kit
- Complete watering kit for watering borders, beds and vegetable gardens for an area up to 10m²
- Easy “Push Fit” design make intallation simple.
- Compatible with water controllers for Automatic Watering
- Modular design means that several kits can be easily connected together to make a larger system
- Delivers more controlled watering directly to the roots of plants, saving on water usage, reducing water wastage through evaporation or inaccurate watering
Hozelock Easy Drip Universal Watering Kit for Beds and Borders, This Hozelock easy drip system is simple to set up and gives you perfect peace of mind, knowing that the system is reliable and works well, leaving you more time to do other garden jobs.
you can quickly collect the system in with all its components stored in the bucket that it comes packaged in to keep indoors over winter, ready to use again next year.
It is cost effective in terms of not wasting water, so ideal if you’re on a water metre, all the robust design lasts longer than cheaper kits enabling you to use it over and over again.
Easy drip is compatible with all hoselock watering kits so you can add to it for larger gardens or more pots.
Work best with a good water pressure on the tap that you’re using.
Hozelock Classic Micro Irrigation for Borders or up to 25 Plant Pots, with Sensor Plus Controller
- Automatic watering for plant pots, containers hanging baskets, garden borders and beds, vegetable plots and greenhouses
- Waters up to 25 pots
- Sensor Plus Timer is included in this kit which automatically waters at the best time of day for your plants- sunrise or sunset
- Easy to install, simply choose the watering duration and frequency
- Drip watering facilitates the slow release of water and waters the roots
- Saves water, therefore it is water-wise
- Saves you time and effort
You can purchase further lengths of tubing if required so that you can use the system all round your garden or water more pots if necessary. You may need a 2 way adapter for your outside tap if you wish to have keep your regular hosepipe on the tap as well. All in all a cost effective and time effective watering solution.
Hozelock Simple Water Timer
- Simple and easy to use
- There are thirteen preset programs to supply water whether you wish to water once per day or up to four times per day once per day up to four times a day.
- Simply attach to the outdoor tap with the built in connector.
- Battery operated (Not included)
- Universal male connector at the bottom
This electronic water timer has dial programming, it offers a variety of watering duration from once per week up to four times per day.
Easy to set up but the times have to be set at the time you want it. For example if you want it to come on at 6pm you have to initially set it up at 6pm, which could be better if you could pre-set the times.
But good value for money.
Hozelock Sensor Controller Plus
- Tap mounted watering controller
- Automatically waters every day at sunrise and sunset
- There are preset watering times from 2, 5, 10, 20, 30 or 60 minutes
- Requires 2 AA batteries (not included)
Strong construction. Once set up, it can be left all summer to do its job. A simple dial design.
I hope you find this Home Irrigation Systems review of some use, I have chosen Hozelock products simply because they last longer and are of a robust design, which is what we need in our gardens. You need strong clips and drippers etc to stand the test of time and use. To find more labour-saving, eco-friendly garden maintenance tools read my products reviews pages.
For some great tips on energy conservation read this article by Homes How https://www.akhomeshow.com/energy-conservation-tips
I hope you get on as well with one of these kits as I do. If anyone has used these or similar kits on vertical planting systems I’d like to know how well they work in a vertical situation?
Please share with friends and family and social media. If you have any questions or want to discuss further then please do add any comments in the box below, I always reply as soon as possible.